To Become a Green Step School:
LOOK over our website: GreenStepSchools.com
FORM a staff “Green Team.”
CONSIDER attending a SC Green Step Training (check our calendar for dates or host one in your region).
DECIDE on one or more projects where students learn, do, and teach others that could serve as a model to other schools in your county:
- Green Purchasing
- Prevent Litter
Green Step Projects should be:
- Significant: Students have demonstrated learning, doing and teaching others about an environmental topic
- Model Quality: The project is worthy to have other schools come to see it
- Well Established: The project has been model quality for at least 12 months
- Sustainable: The project has at least 2 paid staff/faculty members helping manage the project
- Documented: videos or pictures with captions have been sent to your mentor and email@example.com
REQUEST a mentor for your first project or suggest someone you know.
INVITE your approved mentor to meet with your team in the fall.
INVITE your mentor to meet with your team again no later than April 25 to critique your project(s).
REMIND your mentor(s) to fill out and submit Green Step Schools Evaluation Forms May 1. Due date is FIRM!
ACCEPT your award at DHEC’s summer “Take Action” Workshop or a regional fall Kick-Off (check calendar for dates and details).
Green Steps Timeline
- Meet with mentor
Fall through Spring
- Conduct project(s)
- Document and submit videos or pictures with captions to your mentor and firstname.lastname@example.org
- Prior to April 25, meet with mentor for project(s) critique
- Register for “Take Action” Workshop (check calendar for dates and details)
- By May 1, have your mentor submit Green Step Evaluation Form