To Become a Green Steps Mentor
LOOK over our website: GreenStepSchools.com
SUBMIT an an updated biography (100 word max) by emailing email@example.com the types of projects you can mentor and what county/counties you can mentor for. (biography examples)
ATTEND an SC Green Step training. Check our calendar for dates or help host one in your region.
MEET with a school team in the fall to help plan significant, realistic, and eco-friendly project(s).
ACT as a school resource person and cheerleader throughout the year.
MEET with the school team again, no later than April 25, to critique the project.
JUDGE each project using these criteria:
- Significant: Students have demonstrated learning, doing and teaching others about an environmental topic
- Model Quality: The project is worthy to have other schools come to see it.
- Well Established: The project has been model quality for at least 12 months.
- Sustainable: The project has at least 2 paid staff/faculty members helping manage the project
- Documented: videos or pictures with captions have been sent to your mentor and firstname.lastname@example.org
FILL OUT and submit Green Step Schools Evaluation Forms for each project that qualifies for an award. Be sure to note your favorite thing about each project.
ACCEPT your award at DHEC’s summer “Take Action” Workshop or a regional fall Kick-Off (check calendar for dates and details). Plaques are given with stickers to honor each year after two years of your service.